If your passion is horses, children, or helping special needs families – then let us fuel your passion.
Seasonal Therapeutic Riding Volunteers
Help 1 day a week ~60 minutes for 10 weeks.
Our TR program is 100% volunteer based. Without volunteers we have no way to support our special needs families with FREE Spring and Fall therapeutic riding!
- Horse leaders: We need people ages 15+ EXPERIENCED in handling horses to be a horse leader for our Therapeutic Riding sessions. New horse leaders MUST train with us. See our calendar for announced training dates. Email Gwen for more info (email@example.com)
- Side-walkers: ages 15+ to walk beside our TR riders providing support and direction. Email Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Groomers: younger ages require parental supervision. We need groomers all year. Email Julia (email@example.com)
If you wish to volunteer, please email Julia for the volunteer forms and complete our online registration for volunteers at: Horses For Hope – Volunteer Intake Form to let us know what days and times you can commit to serving. Please only mark the days and times you want to volunteer. (if the form doesn’t work, please let Julia know)
Year-Round Volunteering Opportunities
- Groomers: younger ages accepted dependent on child and Gwen. We need groomers all year. Email Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Feeders: Feeders are needed every day – early mornings and early evenings. We will train. This requires a commitment, as it is no matter the weather the horses depend on us for feed and water. Must be 15 or older. Anyone younger will have to work with an adult. Teams are encouraged. Email Gwen for more info (email@example.com)
- Barn Clean-up & Maintenance: We are always looking for people to poop scoop or help maintain the property and trails. Email Julia for more info (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Committees, Fundraising, Marketing
Help us to grow Horses for Hope by serving as committee members, fundraising help, marketing, grant writers, certified accountants etc., to volunteer time and services. If interested, please Email Gwen for more info (email@example.com)