If you would like to join our awesome group of volunteers – here’s how to get started:
- Click here for our Volunteer Application Forms. All volunteers must be at least 5 years old. Parents must accompany children ages 12 and under.
- Please be patient as we try to find an opening that fits your schedule and area of interest as this may take several weeks.
- Once we have you on the schedule your first visit will be an orientation to familiarize you with our operating and safety protocol. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or guardian sign all forms.
For your safety and the safety of others, please follow these clothing and equipment guidelines when coming to the farm.
- Jeans or sturdy cotton trousers are best. Loose, baggy jeans should be secured with a belt. Sturdy shorts are permitted (not too short please).
- Avoid dangling earrings or other jewelry. Necklaces and scarves should be worn under shirts/jackets during activities around horses. Many of our special needs riders will grab at earrings and necklaces as well as sunglasses.
- Choose a sturdy-sole shoe that fits securely on the foot and will not slip off while walking in the barn or arena. Shoes with bulky soles, clogs, flip flops, open-toed or open-heeled shoes, crocs, or shoes with holes in them are not safe in the barn and are not allowed. Shoes with laces must be securely tied. Absolutely no sandals are permitted in the barn area. Do not wear boots with a steel toe, they are dangerous if stepped on by a horse.
- Short sleeves (not sleeveless) shirts are best in the summer heat. Keep loose clothing/jackets buttoned or zipped. Dress in layers for cold weather. Please bring appropriate clothing, including hats and gloves, for the winter months.
For more information please contact us.