|Therapeutic Riding is a form of therapy using horses to help persons with disabilities - the disabilities range from physical through learning and even emotional disabilities. In our therapeutic riding sessions we teach individuals how to ride and control the horse, based on their abilities, giving them a sense of accomplishment and raising their self-esteem.
Many riders experience a connection to the horse that few sports can create. For those riders who cannot walk, the horse is their feet, their vehicle of transport. Not only does this help raise their self-esteem but it also teaches them essential skills. It improves balance, creates trust and creates a friendship between rider and horse.
Benefits of Therapeutic Riding:
• Development of mobility, balance and co-ordination
• Improvement of muscle tone and strength
• Relaxation of spasticity
• Increased concentration, improved learning skills and spatial awareness
• A challenging recreational activity
• Independance, integration and a sense of achievement
• Development of self confidence and motivation to set and achieve goals
• Opportunity to become an elite athlete
|Therapeutic Riding Lesson Schedule
The next session begins March 11, 2013 and will run till May 17, 2013. Please e-mail us for more information on getting into the Spring session.
Monday - 4:30
Monday - 5:45
Wednesday - 4:30
Wednesday - 5:45
Friday - 4:30
Friday - 5:45